Northern Lehigh's Parks
Northern Lehigh is home to over 60 acres of park land ranging from small neighborhood pocket parks to large parks including Eagles Nest Park and Victory Park. The area is also home to miles and miles of trails including the Slatington National Historic Walking Trail, Slate Heritage Trail, Lehigh Valley Log Cabin Auto Tour, the Walnutport Canal Tow Path and large sections of the Appalachian Trail, the National 9/11 Memorial Trail, the Lehigh River Water Trail and the D&L National Heritage Corridor Trail.
In addition, the Lehigh Gap Nature Center owns over 700+ acres of land which offers many miles of trails and is home to the Osprey House Environmental Education Center.
Whether you’re a nature lover out birding, looking to take a leisurely walk, going on an extended hike in the mountains or spending time on a calm section of the Lehigh River, it’s all right here in your backyard, including a host of multi-use trails that are also open to bicyclists. The multi-use trails are paved and are also suitable for strollers, wheelchairs and other equipment used to assist those with disabilities.
Enjoy. For additional information, feel free to contact Northern Lehigh Recreation
Lindsay L. Taylor, CPRP, Executive Director
Phone: 484-633-0093 | E-mail: Lindsayt@northernlehighrec.org
D & L's TAIL ON THE TRAIL Program
Get out, get active, earn prizes! All free!
Sign up, log miles and earn prizes:
1. Go to WWW.tailonthetrail.org and click, "Sign up as an individual";
2. Complete the sign up form, selecting NORTHERN LEHIGH RECREATION from the drop down box;
3. You are now ready to log in;
4. Once logged in, check your current dashboard information and log your activity;
5. Once you log enough miles to meet the current challenge goal, you will receive a prize after the challenge is complete!